Monday 30 July 2012

I am Lighthouse

There be a lighthouse on Naga Saphira to show the way for ships wending their way through treacherous waters. Not particularly relevant for avatars who simply teleport in. Naga Saphira is listed in Second Life search, so getting there is no big thing.

The lighthouse, though, is an evocative image, at least for me, first life Eli.a...., for I was conceived - according to a family friend at my father's funeral wake - in a lighthouse cottage on Rottnest Island off the coast of Western Australia, with wild waves beating the rocks around the making of me. This is my landscape, my deep heart's calling.

This beautiful sea building in Naga Saphira, a liminal place (legendary/mythical/augmented reality), has a beacon to light the way for travellers between sea and land or sea and sea.

It is important for me to explore being a beacon personified, as in my work as a psychotherapist I am something of an entity - steadfast on the edge of a rocky, wild wind swept cliff - there for travellers between sea and land or sea and sea. I am lighthouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment